Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unknown shared pc on finder

Hi everybody,

A couple of days ago i have been seen a unknow shared pc on my finder, so i try some things to remove it from there:

- 1st: i changed the wireless network password

- 2nd: i restore the airport express and reconfigured it

- 3rd: i put my network in acces control mode and listed all my MAC adress of all my devices there

In all cases the unknown pc still there.

Somebody may help me to remove it from my finder or know wich device is it

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 6, 2014 6:10 AM

67 replies

Dec 13, 2017 4:14 PM in response to afroSamurai

Had a pc show up in my shared folder. What worked for me: 1) Tried going to Shared>Options and making sure are sharing options are off and "Share files and folders using SMB" was clicked off (you may have to toggle it).

2) if that doesn't work, it is possible there is a PC device or printer on your wifi network. I first tried disconnecting the printer or any devices that used the wifi that are not Macs, and then…

3) I thought "We're a Mac family, there's no freaking PC on our network?" until the wife reminded me that the kids had bought home some school notebook computers; PC based! I went into them and disabled their sharing capabilities and cut them off. The shared icon went away and so far hasn't come back. Hope this helps.

unknown shared pc on finder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.