Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Finder is really slow ( 15 sec.) after mavericks update on brand new iMac 27" WITH fusion drive...

When looking up files it's fine, but when trying to save or open anything through ANY program, i.e. Adobe CS6 programs, Microsoft Word, but also Apple software, finder is really slow (15 sec. or more of the same spinning beach ball) after the OSX Mavericks update on my brand new iMac 27" WITH fusion drive... This ***** really bad because it totally disturbs the smooth workflow I bought the iMac for in the first place...

Any suggestions?

Already tried 'clearing the plist file' through terminal; didn't work... Rebooting (obviously), didn't work.

Will there be a fix soon?

It's costing me way to much time waiting for the finder to show it's content when working.

Any official word from Apple on this?

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9.1), Fusion drive

Posted on Jan 6, 2014 6:46 AM

1 reply

Finder is really slow ( 15 sec.) after mavericks update on brand new iMac 27" WITH fusion drive...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.