Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

First Gen iPad that has not been updated. My videos are stuck on it. Please Help.

I have a first generation iPad that has never been updated.

I transferred a number of videos that I filmed on my iPhone to it from my PC as a way to have a backup if my PC died. Well my PC died. I now want to export the videos back to a new PC so I can sell the iPad. The only way I could think of to do this was to save them online using my Dropbox account. But it seems that the last version of Dropbox for iOS 4 doesn't support video uploads. Are there any other apps that might help me do this? And even if I could somehow upgrade from iOS 4 to iOS 5 wouldn't I lose all the video anyway?

Basically, am I screwed?

Cheers

iPad 3G

Posted on Jan 6, 2014 7:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2014 7:47 AM

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4083

Just follow this article and you can manually transfer them no application needed :3

4 replies

Jan 7, 2014 8:52 AM in response to MetaSolaray

Thanks MetaSolaray...

I've tried this but when I attempt to import the video I get a message saying there are no new pictures or video to import at this time.

For some reason it doesn't seem to be registering the files.

The PC I'm using doesn't have iTunes installed.....now I know iTunes 7 wouldn't be compatable with this iPad anyway but do you think it might help in this situation?

First Gen iPad that has not been updated. My videos are stuck on it. Please Help.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.