Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I add final cut pro sound effects?

I am wanting to add a sound effect or background music to my video but I can't access it through final cut pro x. I see the only option I can add music through is iTunes. It doesn't give me any other folders. I even tried to drag in the folders from the finder (because these sound are in my computer) but that didn't seem to work. Please help!

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 6, 2014 8:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2014 9:03 AM

Quit FCP X. Open GarageBand. Close GarageBand. Open FCP X.

You may have to repeat it twice, but this method (and a similar with iPhoto if you miss the photos in the browser) has worked for a number of people (myself included).

5 replies

Jan 6, 2014 1:11 PM in response to Luis Sequeira1

This is very frustrating. I have tried them all, Garage BAnd, Logic Pro X, etc. The first time I do it it works great but when I close FCPX and relaunch later, all the sound and sound effects are gone. No matter what I do, I always lose them the next time I relaunch FCPX. I wish Apple would address the issue. Once I complete the project I am working on I'll reset my Prefs and see if that helps.

Sky

Jan 6, 2014 2:48 PM in response to Russ H

I tried that originally but got the same exact effects. Works fine the first time but when I relaunch Final Cut I lose all the sounds and effects again. The only other thing I can think of is to trash all the preferences. BTW, When I upgraded from 10.0.9 I placed that version in a folder as a backup, which a lot of users do so when I downloaded 10.1 it was fresh. I'm wondering if that had something to do with it.

Sky

Why can't I add final cut pro sound effects?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.