Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

aperture library on external memory and Apple TV

Is it possible to have my Aperture library on an external memory and still use Apple TV to show the pictures on the TV screen?

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Jan 6, 2014 8:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2014 12:13 PM

It depends what you mean by external memory.

If your library is on an external drive and that drive is connected to your computer, and your computer is sharing with Apple TV via iTunes, then yes.

If you mean can you plug the external drive holding the library into the Apple TV and have it read the Aperture library, then it's no.

Andy

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 7, 2014 12:13 PM in response to rolfvg

It depends what you mean by external memory.

If your library is on an external drive and that drive is connected to your computer, and your computer is sharing with Apple TV via iTunes, then yes.

If you mean can you plug the external drive holding the library into the Apple TV and have it read the Aperture library, then it's no.

Andy

Jul 12, 2014 3:45 AM in response to Najinsky

Najinski,

Thanks for the reply. Sorry, it took a while to respond. Yes the lib is on an external drive that is connects dot the computer. The home sharing is on in iTunes. But when I want to select the library on the external disk it is greyed out and cannot be selected. I changed the setting on the external disk so it is a shared disk as well, but it is still impossible to select the library. Any idea what I miss?

aperture library on external memory and Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.