Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air Battery Isuee

Hi all,

I have a MacBook Air 13" inch, 128 GB Mid- 2013.

I have a problem with the battery...

When i leave my Mac without touching it (with programs running), after something like 2 minutes, the Mac shuts down.

When i push the On/Off key (on the Mac keyboard) it doesn't wake up. So, i need to push the key during 7 seconds and then push it again and it wakes up.

How can i fix it?

Why does it cause?

Best regards,

Itay 🙂

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 6, 2014 10:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2014 10:34 AM

In Mavericks, the power button puts the computer to sleep (a new and not much liked feature!). When waking the computer after it has gone to sleep, try pressing a different key or clicking the touchpad instead.

If it does not wake when you do this, then you have the well known "crash to black screen" see here:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5475679?start=0&tstart=0

There is no fix for this yet (Apple are supposedly working on one) except to switch off sleep mode or wait a few seconds AFTER it goes to sleep before waking computer.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2014 10:34 AM in response to itay pincas

In Mavericks, the power button puts the computer to sleep (a new and not much liked feature!). When waking the computer after it has gone to sleep, try pressing a different key or clicking the touchpad instead.

If it does not wake when you do this, then you have the well known "crash to black screen" see here:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5475679?start=0&tstart=0

There is no fix for this yet (Apple are supposedly working on one) except to switch off sleep mode or wait a few seconds AFTER it goes to sleep before waking computer.

MacBook Air Battery Isuee

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.