Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Replacing Iphone as I bought mine in the UAE which I only found out now once I am back in Europe that they don't allow FaceTime?

I just bought my wife in Iphone 5S in the UA (Abu Dhabi) International Airport as I was transiting through the country on my way back to Switzerland. We just realised that FaceTime has been removed of all Iphones sold in the UAE and KSA (Kingdom of Saudi Arabia). As we weren't aware of this restriction and because it doesnt apply to to us as we live in Switzerland. Wondering what the options are to enable FaceTime.

Option 1 - Someway to install Facetime on the device

Option 2 - Apple to replace the device

Option 3 - Try send the device back to the UAE International Airport Shop and get our money back

Option 1 would be preferable if there was some fix to our device.

Option 2 would be the next best option if we have to return the device to an Apple shop and get a replacement

Option 3 - not feasible if we had to fly in and retun the device.

Could someone get back to us on what we should do next?

Thanks,

Sujith

iPhone 5s

Posted on Jan 6, 2014 11:26 AM

2 replies

Replacing Iphone as I bought mine in the UAE which I only found out now once I am back in Europe that they don't allow FaceTime?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.