Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages 5 - "TEXT" in background - Can't remove?

I bought a Pages template collection from the app store (Nick Maskill - Document Pro for Pages). I am using one brochure template (architecture).

There are several "blocks" in the brochure, each either blue or white. A headline and paragraph text appears in each.

Behind two of the blocks of text, there is text that simply says: Text ....Looks like Times Roman -- which is NOT what the template is using.

I've moved the headline and paragraph text block out of the way, but I still can't click on this background TEXT to get rid of it.

I've tried moving a shape on top of it to cover it up, but when I drag a square to cover it -- the TEXT just slides out of the way.

I try to right-click on it, but there are only 3 options, to copy, paste or delete. None have any effect.

Any ideas how I can get rid of this TEXT???

I'm using the LATEST version of Pages (2013) and this template says it is compatible.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Jan 6, 2014 11:21 AM

2 replies

Jan 6, 2014 12:54 PM in response to bradedwards

It was probably a background object in Pages '09. Looks to me like Nick Maskill has done a bunch of templates in either Word for Mac and opened them in Pages '09 or vice versa. Probably the latter.

All it appears he has done is 'flattened' the files for Pages 5 ie opened all the Master Sections and resaved them as a simple file more or less openable in Pages 5.

Pages 5 is having problems with those, like with just about everything else.

Do you really want to be using Pages 5?

If you had a previous Pages it is still in your Applications/iWork folder.

Peter

Jan 6, 2014 1:06 PM in response to bradedwards

Brad,

Your Shape has Wrap set to Automatic, I would imagine. That would explain text running away from it.

A better approach would be to eliminate the unused Text Box. Since you have trouble selecting it, I'd guess that it is set to be a Section Master. If so, there are two ways to select it. 1. Go to Arrange > Section Masters and Make Master Objects Selectable. Then click on the word Text. 2. position your pointing device cursor in one of the upper corners of the document window, just inside what would be the corner of the page. Then hold down the Command Key as you drag across the page until the text box is encountered.

When selected, the sizing handles of a Section Master object are yellow-filled circles. Once Selected, hit Delete.

Jerry

Pages 5 - "TEXT" in background - Can't remove?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.