Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wired Keyboard some keys not working

Hi there,

have been using an external wired apple keyboard on macbook pro retina for 6 month.

Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad - English (USA)

Suddenly 3 keys just stopped working:

u / m / j

checked the keyboard on an old macbook from 2008 - all keys are all working fine on this one.

Any idea what it could be???

thanks a lot in advance.

bungalow

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Jan 6, 2014 11:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2017 8:16 AM

Hi Guys

Strange thing has happened, i got given a nice iMac keyboard and for some odd reason, the keys 7,T,G,B,5,U,M are not working. if my knowledge serves me correct, in the old days like laptops use to have that function of having numerical keys in the middle of the keyboard. i think i push something that activated it on the keyboard. Or is this keyboard broken.

Please help

Thanks Robin

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 16, 2017 8:16 AM in response to bungalow2014

Hi Guys

Strange thing has happened, i got given a nice iMac keyboard and for some odd reason, the keys 7,T,G,B,5,U,M are not working. if my knowledge serves me correct, in the old days like laptops use to have that function of having numerical keys in the middle of the keyboard. i think i push something that activated it on the keyboard. Or is this keyboard broken.

Please help

Thanks Robin

Jan 2, 2017 5:22 AM in response to bungalow2014

same problem here, no spill, normal use, suddenly "q" and "6" don't register anymore. removing the keycap and cleaning below didn't help. i think the intended solution is to go and spend some more money on overpriced apple hardware that's designed to fail. but hey, it looks great! the short time it worked was totally worth the pollution and child labour.

Wired Keyboard some keys not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.