Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Send/Receive Mail not reliably fetching new mail

I have several email accounts, most of them work fine, but I noticed that ever since I upgraded to Mavericks, one of my accounts doesn't fetch new email with the send/receive command....well, sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. The only way to be sure I'm getting new mail is by quitting mail and restarting it, but that's becoming a hassle. Also, it's not syncing certain things well at all, for example if I read an unread message on my MacBook Pro, thus chaning the state of the message from 'unread' to 'read,' it updates fine on my macbook, but I go to my desktop (Mac Pro 3,1) and the same message still appears 'unread.' Even after quitting an restarting mail.

The issues I'm having seem to mainly be with google email accounts. They're all imap, and they all worked just fine prior to Mavericks.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Is there a fix on the horizon? It's a little frustrating when software updates break things... I expect that from Microsoft, but not Apple.

Posted on Jan 6, 2014 11:27 AM

4 replies

Send/Receive Mail not reliably fetching new mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.