Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Delay in receiving incoming SMS messages!

I seem to be getting a delay in receiving my text messages, as they appear to be coming after 3 hours!
Not sure if this depends on whether the recipient is using iMessage and is sending as SMS after trying for mobile data signal. My wifi is always off, but is on occasionally, as i dont have Mobile data. Could this be reason?

There was a time where i got a message, but the iphone didnt vibrate or notify me, even though phone was not on silent!

Is the problem with iOS 7, or is it just because my wifi is off, so the other persons imessage sends as a SMS afterwards?

I have tried the following just to try:

Closing all apps

Restarting the phone

Restarting Messages app

Help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

iPhone 4, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 6, 2014 12:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2014 12:18 PM

I dont think this a problem with ios. If you turn on WIFI then you won't get any messages untill you turn it back on.

6 replies

Jan 6, 2014 12:19 PM in response to KR11SH

You are not receiving the messages because your wi-fi is off and you have not data plan. Since you have an iPhone and iMessage is activated, others trying to get in touch with you will attempt to send as an iMessage, and until iMessage finds it cannot send, then it will default to an SMS if the sender has that activated on their device.

Delay in receiving incoming SMS messages!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.