Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Moving the Aperture Zoom HUD

Hi... Silly question, but I can't find a solution anywhere.

If I am editing a photo in Aperture, when I have zoomed in, the little HUD showing the whole image appears on the righthand side of the screen, about halfway up. If I want to edit the photo in that same area, I would like to be able to move the HUD elsewhere, but as soon as I move my cursor over the HUD, it enlarges and "assumes" I want to move around on the image.

Any ideas would be very welcome, thanks!

Aperture 3

Posted on Jan 6, 2014 2:07 PM

2 replies

Jan 6, 2014 3:08 PM in response to Mandi B

I don't think the navigation box in zoom mode can be moved. Neither the help text nor the Aperture user manual indicate, that this box can be moved elsewhere. So, if the navigation box get in the way, pan the image a bit. Hold down the Space bar and drag the image away from the navigation box.

Reagards

Léonie

Jan 6, 2014 4:48 PM in response to léonie

Thanks for your response, Leonie - that's exactly what I've been doing, and it's a pain in the neck, especially as the kind of fiddly little edit that requires work at 100% (removing phone lines etc) is often on the edge of the image anyway! I was hoping there was a real solution. Apple, are you listening??

Moving the Aperture Zoom HUD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.