Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail won't save password

Apple Mail will not save my iCloud account password. Every time I open it, I have to re-enter it. It IS saved in my iCloud Sys Prefs. All my other email accounts keep the pw stored but with iCloud account, I have to manually re-enter the password every time I launch Mail.

Anyone have this problem and/or a solution or is it a bug? Started imeediately when I upgraded to Mavericks.

Thanks!

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 6, 2014 2:06 PM

3 replies

Jan 6, 2014 2:12 PM in response to Winston Churchill

So I found this and it works:

Open the Mail app. Go to Preferences. Click on the Accounts tab, and then the Advanced tab.

Look for the Authentication box. If you're having this problem, it will be set to "Password." Click on the box and select "Apple Token."

Apple uses Tokens as a secure way to access iCloud services without having to use your password, by providing your username and password to the app over an encrypted SSL connection.

And it solved my problem! The support forum directed me to a new post when I asked my question, leading me to believe this question had already not been posted.

Mail won't save password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.