Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i can't upload photos to iPhoto, memory is full??

HELP!!!! I love photography & I Just shot this beautiful wedding and I'm not able to unload to my iphoto... I have iphoto (9.4.3) version & mac os x 10.8.5

how can I create different library's and make sure I dont upload any duplicate photos? I'd also like to delete all of my kids (1,000's) of icam photo shoots from my computer..

iMac (21.5-inch Late 2009), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), need more iPhoto space

Posted on Jan 6, 2014 3:39 PM

1 reply

Jan 7, 2014 1:59 PM in response to gina yzaguirre

What do you mean that your memory is full? Macs will use virtual memory on the hard drive is more is needed. Do you mean that your hard drive is full? How much free space do you have on your HD? If that's the case you should stop using the Mac immediately and make arraingements to move enought files off of the hard drive so that you can a minimum of 10-15 Gb of free space.

One can move their iPhoto and/or iTunes libraries to an EHD that is formatted OS X Extended (journaled) and run them from there. That will free up lots of free space so your system and applications will run more efficiently and quickly.

OT

i can't upload photos to iPhoto, memory is full??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.