Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blank Red Dot Won't go away iPhone 5

So, earlier in class today I got a call from a wrong number and now I have a blank red dot over the phone app, I googled this and this means I have a voicemail. One thing, I don't have voicemail. Since I'm only 17, I don't have people calling me (and a limited number of people who have my number) so I don't need voicemail. How do I get rid of it without setting up a voicemail or disabling this badge app notifications since I need to know when I have a missed call since it's usually from my parents.

iPhone 5, 7.04 and my carrier is Telus.

I've reset it and I've reset the network settings.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 6, 2014 5:32 PM

21 replies

Feb 23, 2017 7:32 AM in response to iRetardedPhone

We're talking about an operating system and app that takes over 2 GB, and is many millions of lines of code. There are probably thousands of bugs in it. It is impossible to get all bugs out of any software, even simple apps, let alone operating systems. I have a 3 line C program that I wrote 20 years ago that has 4 known bugs in it, none considered important enough to fix because there are workarounds for them. It's also impossible to test every feature of a release, even with over a million beta testers.

So if you have a workaround be content.

Jan 8, 2014 3:00 PM in response to brittanaheyafan

FYI, (this may help others) I've found that the red dot will show up and stay there if you don't have your cellular data turned on; If you turn off data to save your usage, turn it on & you should find the red dot will go away... & you will be most likely have a voice message. Visual Voice Mail needs celular data to be turned on (Visual Voice Mail is simply your voice mail on an iPhone where you see a list of messages you've received, doesn't require you to call a # to retrieve from a voice mail box).

May 6, 2016 5:49 AM in response to kazmotails

This was the only thing that helped me. I tried everything else. Calling my voicemail. No messages, two red dots stayed on. I turned my data on and off. Still red dots. I turned the notification off, the dots went away. But when i turned notifications back on, they came back, two red dots. Finally I called my phone and left a message. Then i had only one red dot showing. When i checked and deleted that message, that red dot went away. Thanks!

Blank Red Dot Won't go away iPhone 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.