Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

if i begin using my @me.com or @icloud.com & my contract is up in March, will the email acct remain active? I intend on getting an iMac in near future as well as a 5S, but there may be a time lapse & definitely a change in carriers?

I've had my iPhone 4S for almost 2yrs. My contract w/ AT&T is up in March & I doubt it will be renewed. I am planning to get the 5S w/ straight talk as well as a MacBook (any kind of Mac laptop I can afford). I have used gmail for my main acct. this whole time and would like to begin using my @me & @icloud email. will I be able to do this if there is any lapse in service or even switching service? I don't want to lose the emails given to me by apple? I'd really appreciate it if someone could answer this with acurate information. This would be of GREAT benefit, if I can keep and continue to use these emails?

Thank you,

eryn55

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.5, Had 4S 4 2 yrs,plan2get 5S/MacBk

Posted on Jan 6, 2014 6:11 PM

1 reply

Jan 6, 2014 6:51 PM in response to eryn55

Your iCloud account and any associated email account/addresses remain active regardless ow what devices or carriers you use. They are tied to your Apple ID. All you would need to do is sign back into the account on your new device(s) to continue to use the account.

If you are upgrading your 4s to a 5s, be sure to save any photo stream photos on your 4s that you want to keep to the camera roll, then back it up. When setting up your 5s, restore the backup of your 4s to transfer you data, settings, apps and other purchased media (see http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2109).

if i begin using my @me.com or @icloud.com & my contract is up in March, will the email acct remain active? I intend on getting an iMac in near future as well as a 5S, but there may be a time lapse & definitely a change in carriers?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.