Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 5 blocked iCloud can i unblock it

im looking at a iphone on ebay and it says it's icloud blocked, if I factory restore it will that unblock the icloud or when I copy my information over from my phone will that unblock it? help me out here please

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 6, 2014 6:22 PM

5 replies

Jan 7, 2014 1:41 AM in response to johnw330

You can only unblock the phone again with the AppleID and password that was used to set up the phone. This is a new security feature if your phone gets stolen and somebody else wants to use it again.

To be used by another person, the owner has to unlock the phone via iCloud on the computer, a blocked phone can't be set up anymore.

iCloud: Remove your device from Find My iPhone

For more information about Activation Lock, see the Apple Support article Find My iPhone Activation Lock in iOS 7.

Jan 7, 2014 1:42 AM in response to johnw330

johnw330 wrote:

im looking at a iphone on ebay and it says it's icloud blocked,

Do NOT purchase.

Read here...

Activation Lock in iOS 7 > http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5818

johnw330 wrote:

if I factory restore it will that unblock the icloud or when I copy my information over from my phone will that unblock it?

NO and NO.

The Apple ID and Password that was Originally used to Activate the iDevice is required

If you do not have that information you will not be able to use the Device.

There is NO Workaround.

iphone 5 blocked iCloud can i unblock it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.