Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In Pages 5.0.1 option to set password for editing document is gone when exporting as a pdf

In last version of Pages, I would make a proposal to a customer and then go to 'share' and then choose 'PDF' from the drop down. Next screen allowed me to choose the option of password protecting the document from being edited. This new version of Pages only seems to allow setting a password for opening the document. I do not need to password protect the document from being opened, just edited. Any help for this new problem? Apple always seems to remove features that are so helpful and useful when they 'upgrade' apps., very frustrating!

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 6, 2014 10:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2014 10:55 PM

You noticed!

Try opening and resaving it in Preview .app with password set.

or

Using Pages '09 which should still be in your Applications/iWork folder.

Peter

10 replies

Jan 7, 2014 7:44 PM in response to longrange1

Apple has removed over 90 features from Pages 5 and added many bugs.

http://www.freeforum101.com/iworktipsntrick/viewforum.php?f=22&sid=3527487677f0c 6fa05b6297cd00f8eb9&mforum=iworktipsntrick

Pages '09 should still be in your Applications/iWork folder.

Archive/trash Pages 5, after Exporting your files to Pages '09, and rate/review it in the App Store, then get back to work.

Peter

Jan 7, 2014 10:52 PM in response to PeterBreis0807

Peter,

I just dragged the new Pages 5 off the dock into the trash and and dragged and dropped Pages '09 from the Applications/iWork folder onto the dock, done! No exporting needed. Now when I open any of my previous Pages docs they open in '09. Thanks for the help!

Apple, if your reading this......It really was a very useful feature that was deleted. Why? I can't imagine I'm the only one who needs their document password protected so other unsrcupulous characters do not use items on the document.

In Pages 5.0.1 option to set password for editing document is gone when exporting as a pdf

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.