Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 Charging not supported with this accessory

So, the beginning of my tale begins in about mid-august of 2013 when my first original lightning cord began portraying this message. I had found out that there was an exposed wire, so I ordered a Zeimex 2 lighting cable + connector + car connector package off of amazon. Both the two lightning cables began portraying the same message within a few days of use. I filed a compliant and they mailed me a new official Apple charger. It worked fine up until last week when I noticed the there was a crack in the plastic and the same message was appearing, but it was still charging my phone. I got my first cable replaced by Apple and it was working fine for a few days and then all of a sudden it charges and disconnects randomly, but when my brother plugged his phone in, it worked fine. It began working again, but it was charging extremely slow, it went up about 10% in 4 hours, and now the message is appearing again. There are no exposed wires, or any damage to the wire. I honestly have no idea what the problem is? Could it be a problem in my phone itself? *note: I have a 3-foot

USB extension cord attached to my cable, could that have caused any damage?

Posted on Jan 6, 2014 11:28 PM

1 reply

Jan 7, 2014 12:09 PM in response to vyoukana

so it could be both reasons yoou listed. it could be your phone but it also could be the charger, or it can be the plug (asuming that its the same one that you have been using) so check your phone for signs of obvious damage, and make sure that you dont have any. then do the same for the wire (just to be safe) if you find anything in your iphones charging port like dust or dirt that will affect your charger and is a very good possibility of why you have this problem. it also could be the same for the charger and plug so check those to. if there is none this it is that your phone isnt working properly and it needs to be fixed (not by a store other than apples, because if it still doesnt work apple wont touch it at all)

ps: the slow charging is most likely apps running in the background, be sure to clear those for best charging results by double tapping the home button and swiping the apps to clear them (on ios7 on six touch the red button by the apps)

iPhone 5 Charging not supported with this accessory

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.