Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Two problems with Photo to Movie slideshow program.

1. A couple of months ago I bought Photo to Movie and downloaded version 4.7.4.1.

Now when I boot-up the program it automatically informs me that ver. 4.7.4.2 is available and to click on the box to download.

When I do that, it seems to start downloading but then a window pops up and says:

"An error occurred while installing the update. (version) Please try again later or visit the website and download the update direcly."

I've tried that and that does not work either.

Does anyone know what can I do to get version 4.7.4.2?

2. In general P2M does a very good job in making slide shows.

However, I've learned that when exporting from P2M to create the .mov file, I should not use any kind of "filter," in particular a "tint" in the filter portion of the export settings.

If in exporting from P2M I add a tint, the tint effect will remain fixed with the project and it is impossible to remove for future exports of that P2M project. I have tried deleting ".plist" files and deleting the program and reinstalling the program but the tint effect remains.

I finally solved the problem by creating a new P2M project, opening the tinted project, and then copying the entire time line of clips from the tinted project to the new one. I then saved the new one under a new name.

Does anyone know anything about this oddity?

Thanks!

mac mini, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Jan 7, 2014 12:13 AM

5 replies

Jun 11, 2017 7:17 PM in response to ma_che62

I've had the iterations of PTM for years and love it as there are so many ways of making quite sophisticated movies simply. Suddenly however I can't open the latest versions of files despite having opened them as recently as April (2017). Even the icons have blanked out. If anyone is still interested in the software and might have a brill idea to help me I'd be very grateful indeed! The unopenable files represent years of detailed work (sob!).

Robin Ray

Two problems with Photo to Movie slideshow program.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.