Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Emails are blank and black when I try to email them

Anytime I try to email a video I've taken with my digital camera, it is blank and black. I've tried a couple of free tiral programs I found via old forum suggestions to similar problems but they didn't work. I converted my files to a few different formats and still- blank and black. I cannot figure out why this is a problem. I use iphoto to store pictures and I use the mail program on mac. Could using Mail be the issue? I tried sending them from my email host website and it only changed how long the videos are.

I used a point and shoot camera and then I tried a video taken with my canon rebel - both of which use different formats. Still no success.

Has anyone else had and resolved this problem without investing in a converting software?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Jan 7, 2014 12:56 AM

5 replies

Jan 7, 2014 11:02 AM in response to BDAqua

One is 46.4 MB and the second video file is 104 MB. Normally, when I try to send an email with a file that is too large, the email will not send. In this case, these video files will send but are black and appear to be blank. I can see them with no problems on my computer, though, so I know they're viewable and not just black. This has me so stumped!

Emails are blank and black when I try to email them

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.