Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing of alternative email address associated with AppleID

I have researched this for hours, and cannot find a solution to my issue.

I am in the process of selling my business name to another company who trade under the same name as myself.

The problem is my alternative email addresses associated with my AppleID reflects the name of my business, and i am therefore

legally obliged to stop using these.

Unfortunately i cannot amend these alternative email addresses and therefore run the risk of legal action if they are not changed.

I need assistance with changing these and cannot get any assistance form anybody at Apple.

I am not able to create a new AppleID as i have purchases under my existing AppleID that i do not want to loose.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 7, 2014 3:35 AM

3 replies

Jan 9, 2014 12:30 PM in response to graemewza

Hello graemewza,

It sounds like you would like to change your Apple ID to another email address. This article should help you accomplish this named:

Apple ID: Changing your Apple ID

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht5621

• Sign out of all Apple features and services that you use with your current Apple ID.
  • Make sure that the email address you want to use for your Apple ID meets these conditions:
    • The email address is one that you use regularly, because it will be the primary email address for your Apple ID.
    • The email address is not associated with any other Apple ID.
    • The email address is not an iCloud email address, which is already an Apple ID. iCloud email addresses end with @icloud.com, @me.com, or @mac.com.

To change your Apple ID, follow these steps:

1. Go to My Apple ID (appleid.apple.com), click "Manage your Apple ID", and sign in.
  2. If you have two-step verification turned on, you'll be asked to send a verification code to the trusted device associated with your Apple ID. If you are unable to receive messages at your trusted device, follow the guidelines for what to do if you can't sign in with two-step verification.
  3. In the "Apple ID and Primary Email Address section," click Edit.
  4. Enter the email address you want to use, then click Save Changes. Apple will send a verification email to that address.
  5. Open the email from Apple, then click Verify Now in the email.
  6. When the My Apple ID page opens, sign in with your renamed Apple ID.
  7. If you have two-step verification turned on, you'll be asked to send a verification code to the trusted device associated with your Apple ID.

After you see a message indicating that verification is complete, remember to update all of the stores and services that you use with your Apple ID.

Otherwise, would you mind elaborating on what is preventing you from changing this information?

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Regards,

Sterling

Jan 9, 2014 10:30 PM in response to sterling r

Hi Sterling

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately the email address i need to change is my alternate AppleID (and email addresses), and the major probem I face is that the email addie is a @me.com address.

Because it is a @me.com address, there is no option to edit this.

Legally, I have to change this in order to comply with the conditions of sale. Unless this is changed, i cannot sell the trade name to the other company, and if i do sell it and continue using the address I will face legal action.

There must be some way on the backend that it can be changed?

Graeme

Jan 19, 2015 7:15 AM in response to graemewza

graemewza wrote:

Hi Sterling

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately the email address i need to change is my alternate AppleID (and email addresses), and the major probem I face is that the email addie is a @me.com address.

Because it is a @me.com address, there is no option to edit this.

Legally, I have to change this in order to comply with the conditions of sale. Unless this is changed, i cannot sell the trade name to the other company, and if i do sell it and continue using the address I will face legal action.

There must be some way on the backend that it can be changed?

Graeme

No, it cannot be changed. You cannot modify an Apple ID's primary email address if it is an @me.com, @mac.com or @icloud.com. There is no backend option. Your only option is to stop using this email address/Apple ID and create a new one if you want.

Can you simply stop using it as an email account for correspondence and only use it as a personal Apple ID?

Changing of alternative email address associated with AppleID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.