Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In Keynote 6.1, how do I export a presentation as a video with a soundtrack, recorded timings, but not recorded audio?

Hi all,

We use keynote to create karaoke style videos to teach songs as part of our educational charity (to be clear, these are our own songs so there's no issue of copyright).

In the previous version of Keynote, we could create a presentation with the lyrics, add the song as a soundtrack, record the transitions (so that the lyrics light up in time to the music) and export a quicktime video with the soundtrack, but not with the recordings from the mic (which would simply be the clicking noise from the trackpad and the music coming from the speakers).

It seems that in version 6.1 you can only export with the recorded timings if you also want the sound from the mic, I can't see any way to also have the music from the soundtrack. Is this the case?

Keynote 6.1-OTHER, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 7, 2014 3:09 AM

2 replies

Jan 11, 2014 9:38 AM in response to pedrosimao

The latest version of Keynote should be regarded as a work in progress application and should not be used for important work until Apple have completed updating the features that are missing or don't work properly.

There are many dozens of issues with Keynote 6, Apple announced an update programme for the first 6 months of 2014 to rectify these issues.

Best practice has always been with new versions is to complete current projects in the version the work was started with and use the new version for testing. In the case of Keynote; continue to use Keynote version 5.3. until Keynote 6 is completely stable.

In Keynote 6.1, how do I export a presentation as a video with a soundtrack, recorded timings, but not recorded audio?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.