Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with iCloud - unable to use?

I recently changed my AppleID but it appears my iCloud account still has the old email - how do I change this to the new email? Also when it prompts me to agree to new iCloud terms and conditions it says "can't connect to server". How do I fix?

This happens on all my Apple devices. ^

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 7, 2014 5:27 AM

1 reply

Jan 7, 2014 5:38 AM in response to Cunning Stunts

Welcome to the Apple Community.

Firstly, you need to change your details with Apple, Start here, change your country if necessary and go to manage your account. You may have already done this.

In order to change your Apple ID or password for your iCloud account on your iOS device, you need to delete the account from your iOS device first, then add it back using your updated details. (Settings > iCloud, scroll down and hit "Delete Account")

Providing you are simply updating your existing details and not changing to another account, when you delete your account, all the data that is synced with iCloud will also be deleted from the device (but not from iCloud), but will be synced back to your device when you login again.

In order to change your Apple ID or password for your iCloud account on your computer, you need to sign out of the account from your computer first, then sign back in using your updated details. (System Preferences > iCloud, click the sign out button)

In order to change your Apple ID or password for your iTunes account on your iOS device, you need to sign out from your iOS device first, then sign back in using your updated details. (Settings > iTunes & App store, scroll down and tap your ID)

If you are using iMessages or FaceTime, you will also need to log out and into your ID there too.

For terms and conditions, try deleting the account from the device, restarting and trying again.

Problems with iCloud - unable to use?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.