Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you change the cover of a project with iMovie 10.0.1?

Hi, I would like to change the cover of my project made ​​with iMovie 10.0.1, is it feasible?

Many thanks

Alberto

iMovie '11, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 7, 2014 5:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2014 9:58 AM

It does not appear to be possible to select the picture which appears on the projrct icon in iMovie. (A lot of mine have lost their pictures and just appear black).

Geoff.

11 replies

May 2, 2015 5:03 AM in response to StoneSam

I've just watched video and tried it out myself. Though I can scrub through the movie, as soon as the cursor leaves the movie window (which it has to in order to select Next) the image goes back to the same system-selected one. How do you make it stick? Clicking or right-clicking does not seem to do anything. I also tried pressing Return so I could leave the cursor in the movie window but the result was the same - the video poster frame returned to the system-selected one.

Geoff.

Aug 13, 2015 3:58 PM in response to Ricche

Not sure how old this thread is, but here's how to chose the photo frame:

When exporting the movie, you will be prompted to chose the settings you want when you export. On the left of the dialog box, you will see a picture. Just hover your cursor over and scrub to the frame you want as the poster frame, and click the trackpad.

Hope it helps.

Apr 17, 2016 6:53 AM in response to Ricche

Okay.... this is not a fix.... it's a way around the problem.

It appears that iMovie calculates the exact center of the movie using time.

Then it chooses the midpoint as your cover.

This is awful that the developers would arbitrarily do this .... leaving us users without a choice as to how we want to represent our masterpieces.

The only solution I have found....

Make a copy of the photo you want as your cover.

Place it at the exact midpoint.... careful to recalculate with the addition of this photo into the movie.

Since, I didn't really want to display this photo at this point.... I put a transition before it and play it for .1 s

I'm not happy with this, but I'm less unhappy.... at least my cover photo is what I choose.

Let's hope this issue is addressed by the developers.

How do you change the cover of a project with iMovie 10.0.1?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.