Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Worth returning Retina MBP for display replacement?

I love my retina macbook (early 2013).

Though it has annoying ghosting. (menubar and chrome bar constantly burn in after a few min.)

I've read loads of forums and discussions and i'm thinking of getting my display replaced ( i have about 3 months of warrenty left)

- Is there any chance i will get a good display without ghosting or yellow tint?

- Does your macbook get scatched up and how long takes fixing it?

- If you have a yellow tint can it be fixed by calibrating. Some poeple say it can , some say i can't.

- Can you get a full device replacement after 3 screen repairs or is this just luck that you get a kind employee?

Please help me out!

Thanks in Advance!

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9.1), GHOSTING (and long shutdown issues)

Posted on Jan 7, 2014 7:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2014 7:15 AM

I had mine in for service and they treated it very well.

It's very unlikely you're going to go through 3 screen replacements in the warranty time you have left. A repair gets you 90 days of warranty, but just for that repaired item. Since you're in warranty now, that does nothing for you.

If Apple can't do any kind of calibration, they'll replace it.

If I were you, I'd but Applecare and get another 2 years of warranty.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 7, 2014 7:15 AM in response to MattTheMedic

I had mine in for service and they treated it very well.

It's very unlikely you're going to go through 3 screen replacements in the warranty time you have left. A repair gets you 90 days of warranty, but just for that repaired item. Since you're in warranty now, that does nothing for you.

If Apple can't do any kind of calibration, they'll replace it.

If I were you, I'd but Applecare and get another 2 years of warranty.

Worth returning Retina MBP for display replacement?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.