Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to manage the effects browser?

I have a bunch of obsolete (or useless-to-me) effects/transitions/themes etc. that clutter that lower right browser. I would like to get rid of - or at least hide - many of those items. Is there a way to delete or manage them? (PS: I know I can use Motion to create folders for favorite effects, themes, etc. but I would still like to houseclean a bit so I don't have to scroll through all the items I never use.)

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1), 2.8 GHz i7, 16GB, FCPX 10.1

Posted on Jan 7, 2014 8:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2014 7:26 AM

It depends on the effects.

The ones that are built in Motion should reside in folders inside "Motion Templates" in your "Movies" folder.

Move them somewhere else for safekeeping, and they will not appear in FCP.

There also those effects that exist as FxFactory plugins. These can be enabled or disabled using the FxFactory application by ticking a checkbox.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 8, 2014 7:26 AM in response to RJBob

It depends on the effects.

The ones that are built in Motion should reside in folders inside "Motion Templates" in your "Movies" folder.

Move them somewhere else for safekeeping, and they will not appear in FCP.

There also those effects that exist as FxFactory plugins. These can be enabled or disabled using the FxFactory application by ticking a checkbox.

Is there a way to manage the effects browser?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.