Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone 4s doesn't show me any wifi networks

So, today i came home and wanted to use the internet like i normally do, but none of the usual wifi networks appear!

there are normally 5 networks whether you need a password to connect or public!

i have tried resetting my network settings and nothing changed!

i am using ios 7.0.4

Also next to my carrier, where the wifi signal should be, there is just an E.

What can i do to fix this problem?

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 7, 2014 8:07 AM

26 replies

Jan 9, 2014 10:14 AM in response to AcaciaBrans

Hey AcaciaBrans,

Thanks for the question. I understand you are experiencing issues with Wi-Fi connectivity on your iPhone 4s. The following resource may help to resolve your issue. Also note that some of these steps require access to the Wi-Fi router. If you do not have access to the router, please contact the administrator of the network.

iOS: Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1398

1. Be sure you're in range of your Wi-Fi router (access point).

2. Tap Settings > Wi-Fi and turn Wi-Fi off and on. If your W-Fi setting is dimmed,follow these steps.

3. Confirm that your Wi-Fi router and cable or DSL modem are connected to power, turned on, and connected to the Internet. If not, refer to your network administrator or Internet service provider (ISP) for assistance.

4. Restart your iOS device.

5. Tap Settings > Wi-Fi and locate the Wi-Fi network to which you're connected.

6. Tap and Forget this Network.

7. Try to connect to your desired Wi-Fi network.

Note: You may need to enter your Wi-Fi password again if your network requires one.

8. Turn your Wi-Fi router off and on. If your ISP also provides cable or phone service, check with them before attempting this step to avoid interruption of service.

9. Update your device to the latest version of software.

10. Update your Wi-Fi router to the latest firmware. For AirPort Base Stations, install updates using the AirPort Utility.

[...]

Unable to locate a Wi-Fi network

1. Verify that the network is available by tapping Settings > Wi-Fi and choosing from the available networks. Note: It may take a few seconds for the Wi-Fi network name to appear.

2. Move closer to your wireless router (access point) and attempt to locate the Wi-Fi network.

3. If you do not see the network you would like to join, you may be attempting to connect to a hidden network. Learn how to join a hidden network.

4. Supported Wi-Fi configurations vary by iOS device model. Find out which standards your device supports.

5. Reset network settings by tapping Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Note: This will reset all network settings including:

- previously connected Wi-Fi networks and passwords

- recently used Bluetooth accessories

- VPN and APN settings

Thanks,

Matt M.

Feb 8, 2014 6:59 PM in response to matt00

I have same problem, all the time I have 2 wifi on my home that normally I use with my devices apple and different brands but today afternoon I couldn't find the networks on my iPhone 4S iPad MacBook prop and a PC are find just my iPhone stops is this a software/firmware issue? I did all you recommend turn off on wifi option, device router and nothing works also I did a network setting reset

Help please

Sep 15, 2014 6:46 PM in response to peterfromrockwood

peterfromrockwood wrote:

Put it in the freezer in a zip lock bag for 20 minutes.

WOW! Girlfriends iPhone hasn't been connecting to or detecting WiFi for weeks. After all the other things not working at all, including all the Apple recommended solutions like full phone wipe and software reset/update through iTunes, resetting network settings, manually setting up network, changing settings on router, etc, I just gave the freezer method a shot. I only left it in for maybe 4 or 5 minutes because I'm impatient and when I took it out it instantly detected and connected to my WiFi.

Don't knock it til you try it! Totally worked first try! 🙂

Sep 22, 2014 10:30 AM in response to AcaciaBrans

Freezer also worked for me. I tried everything else first, including factory reset. To get the freezer trick to work, I had to have the phone turned on, freeze it for at least 20 minutes, take phone out and wake it up. Within a few seconds it shut its self off, probably due to being outside of it's temperature operating range. After warming and restarting the 4S, wifi worked again and was able to display available networks (as well as connect to them).

Have the phone in a ziplock bag until it is fully re-warmed to prevent moisture. Also, freezing is probably not the best thing for your battery. I have read that is especially true for a fully charged battery, so run it down some before starting.

The problem returned in a couple of days and was able to be fixed again the same way. I suspect that connecting the phone to my car's bluetooth may be causing the Wifi problem, so am testing with bluetooth off for a while.

iOS 7.1.2

Oct 1, 2014 6:43 PM in response to matt00

This is happening to me as well and none of apple's solutions have worked nor can I find any solutions on the internet. There are too many people who are experiencing this problem for it to be a coincidence, cmon apple you need to step up your game and fix this before you start loosing costumers.

-Pei

My iphone 4s doesn't show me any wifi networks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.