Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto sync with iOS Devices does not work

I have an 2007 iMac with OS X 10.9.1, iTunes 11.1.3 and iPhoto 9.5.1.

I have an iPad 2 with iOS 7.0.4 and iPhone 4 with iOS 7.0.4.

Around the update to OS X 10.9 I have the problem that I can't sync my iPhoto pictures with my iOS devices anymore.

Beforehand I had no problem. But I can't tell exactly when this problem pop up the first time. (iOS 7, OSX 10.9, iTunes or iPhoto update???)

The problem is: I can sync all my content with my iOS devices per iTunes without any problemsbut not the fotos from the iPhoto library.

If I go to the Foto sync page in iTunes I see all my iPhoto Albums, Events, ... I can select and desect all these items. But if I sync this items I see that in the used memory bar no pictures are shown, the foto count do not show any number and on the iOS device all pictures are removed.

To fix this problem I have tried some options.

I have disabled the foto sync in iTunes, close iTunes, close iPhoto, remove the iPod cache from the iPhoto library, recreated the iPhoto database, obened iPhot and iTunes again, connectd the iOS device and try to sync some albums from the iPhoto libray again. But no pictuers are synced.

I have created a new iPhoto library and added some fotos to the new library, created some albums. Then I tried to sync the iOS device with this library. The first sync wored. :-). But then I disconnected the iOS device and later I connected it again and synced another time and all fotos are gone again.

The only way I can sync my fotos is to switch to folder sync instead of iPhoto library sync. This work, but this is a very bad option!

What can I do to fix this problem?

iPhoto '11, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1), iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 7, 2014 9:03 AM

10 replies

Jan 11, 2014 2:30 AM in response to Old Toad

See my problem discription above.

That is what I have tried.

I have disabled the Photo sync for the iOS device in iTunes. (No pictures are on the iOS device anymore)

I have closed iTunes and iPhoto.

I have created a new Library added some Photos and created a Album.

Opened iTunes again.

Connected the iOS device.

Activated the Photo Sync again and sync the Album.

After the first sync the Album is on the iOS.

But after the second sync the photos are gone again.

I have also tried this with a brand new MacOs User.

Same problem.

iPhoto sync with iOS Devices does not work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.