Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone contacts won't sync to my new MacBook Air

I recently bought my MacBook Air and I am entirely new to the operating system and I don't really know my way around very well, however I think I have sussed out most of the basics; but I am having one problem.

I have synced everything to my iCloud, I am receiving iMessages and FaceTimes on the MacBook however no contacts are being synced with my MacBook, the iMessages and FaceTimes appear as numbers or emails as opposed to contact names I have saved on my iPhone, I might be being daft but I can't see any more relative boxes I can tick, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Josh

MacBook Air

Posted on Jan 7, 2014 8:50 AM

3 replies

Mar 15, 2015 2:21 AM in response to Joppydee

I had a situation where some contacts on my iPhone either did not appear on my Mac or had only some of the information. I discovered that these contacts were linked on the iPhone to accounts other than iCloud - in my case the Exchange contacts at work. Once the missing information was copied to the iCloud linked contact, the details appeared on my Mac. To have a look, open the contact on your iPhone and scroll to the very bottom. There you will see all the Linked Contacts. Make sure one of these is iCloud and that it contains all the information you want to show on your Mac.

iPhone contacts won't sync to my new MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.