Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I made a movie but video only shows on timeline when the camera is connected

I supposedly imported all of the footage into iMovie from my ski holiday to make a movie, i put the whole 16 minute movie together while the camera was connected because i didn't have a clue how long it would take to import, and i know you're supposed to be able to start putting a movie together while the footage is still being imported. I try to share the movie but it says "cannot share movie while still referencing from the camera", I thought this meant it couldn't share while the camera was still connected, so i ejected the camera and disconnected it (2 days after i started the movie) and the footage on the time line all has a question mark over it. So i imported all of the videos into my documents on my HD hoping to somehow link the missing footage on my iMovie timeline with the items which are exactly the same in my documents, of which i just imported. I've tried many different things in the last week but still can't figure out how to do it. All i want to do is upload the movie to YouTube without starting the whole thing again as i put alot of time and thought into it. CAN ANYBODY HELP!? Cheers, D.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jan 7, 2014 10:47 AM

There are no replies.

I made a movie but video only shows on timeline when the camera is connected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.