Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes asking to erase and sync

it comes up that it is backed up with my other pc, but i want to back it up with this pc. How do i do it?

Posted on Jan 7, 2014 10:47 AM

1 reply

Jan 7, 2014 10:54 AM in response to 0RYAN0

the pad really wants to sync with just one computer. If you want to change, then you can, but it will take a little effort. Anything you got from the store - books, apps, music, you can redownload after you change. Movies, and any doc or other non purchased stuff, you need to make a copy somewhere, and bring them back in later. I cloud will work for documents - i dont have a good suggestion for movies... copy any pictures somewhere so you can get them back.

Then idtroduce the pad to the new computer. set it up as new. It will erase all of your existing content. The you readd the stuff you saved.

If you are simply wanting to use a second computer for convenience, say, home and work - that is just not going to work well, and you will be better off sticking with the original machine.

If you are moving from an old computer to a new computer, look for the apple migration tips that came with the new machine.

Ther bottom line is, you cannot effectivley run both.

itunes asking to erase and sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.