Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 5c keeps changing time! Sick of this!!!

I've had the most worthless run around between my carrier & apple. I know lots of folks have reported the same problem. Where's the solution?!? It's not a matter of settings!!

iPhone 5c, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 7, 2014 11:47 AM

34 replies

Feb 3, 2014 6:37 PM in response to Jrob100

I'm also having this same problem. When I left for work, the phone was correct. When I got to work, the time was about 25 minutes slow.

I backed up iCloud. Still the wrong time.

I updated the software. Still the wrong time.

I updated iTunes on my MacBook Pro. Still the wrong time.

When I turn the phone off and back on, it does correct itself to the correct time. Unfortunately, it's slow again within a few minutes.

Any suggestions? Thanks for the support!

Feb 4, 2014 7:55 PM in response to Jrob100

Bad news: It was a software glitch and it was not able to be repaired. I recommend you bring it to the Apple Store for support. They first totally cleared my phone, then restored. Before I even logged into my Apple ID, the time was wrong.

The Apple store guys were great, but I did need a totally new phone.

Good luck! And, don't forget to set an alternative alarm clock tonight!

Jul 28, 2014 3:22 AM in response to Lori_Ann_G

Well if it is a Software glitch then it can be solved with and Update. I believe it was fixed for a while since i am posting 5 Months after the original with no sign of Complaint in between. My phone is currently running iOS 7.1.2. My first run in with the issue was about a week ago. Maybe, finding away to revert back to 7.1.1 would reset the clock? If the glitch travels through the different versions waiting for an Update with a cure might take a while.

Jan 13, 2015 9:34 AM in response to Sibluiz

Having the exact same problem with my 5c, which I only bought 4 months ago! I reset the time manually, and after 5 minutes it's only moved forward 2 or 3 minutes on the device. I've brought it into an apple store where they reset and restored, which seemed to resolve the issue, but after less than an hour I noticed the time had basically frozen again. It's extremely frustrating, and is starting to cause havoc with some of my apps now as well. I'm close to chucking it off a very high building, but think I'll bring it back to the apple store before I do and see if there's anything else that can be done.

My iPhone 5c keeps changing time! Sick of this!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.