Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Driver for HP Laser jet 2100TN

I have upgraded to Maverick 10.9.1 and my HP Laser Jet 2100 tn cannot be found when I try to add a printer. I used the Apple Software Update to down load HP Printer Software update 2.16.1, but dos not seem to have changed anything. My printer still does not appear.

Suggestions would be grately appreciated.

karl

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 7, 2014 12:42 PM

5 replies

Jan 7, 2014 1:15 PM in response to Karl1936

If the printer is not visible in the Default Add Printer window, then there is an issue with Bonjour which is the protocol used to advertise the printer. If you know the IP address of the HP then you could add the printer by selecting the IP icon in the Add printer window and then entering the IP address of the HP. Then set the protocol to HP Jetdirect-Socket and change the name to something more meaningful. The Use menu should then locate the supporting driver. You can then click Add to complete the printer creation and then see if you can print.

Feb 22, 2014 3:12 AM in response to Karl1936

I don't think so, that's a driver problem. It seems to me like an IP address problem.

I'm in a process of taking printer to work ... so these are just notes for now, sorry.

IP address you can print by pressing both buttons on your printer at the same time (big and small one).

Ussually it is 192.0.0.192

I used printer at work, connected via router and the IP was something like 192.168.0.2.

When I brought printer at home and followed these steps

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Macintosh-Compatible-Products/MacBook-Pro-running-S now-Leopard-and-LaserJet-2100TN/m-p/5846145#M5607. It worked with older system. Printer used still IP something like 192.168.0.2 assigned by router used at work.

But it seems to me, since I reset the printer and IP was reset to 192.0.0.192, instructions are not working anymore.

(Printer reset: power button turn off - press small button ((with triangle)) - hold it and press power on until all lights light.)

I can set a printer but, not in a propper way as written in instructions. In point seven when I press "Add" printer I have to skin and configure setup process. Printer apperars on a list with yellow light (not green) color with text "In Use" and any file sent to print is waiting and waiting ...

Seems like computer can't connect to the printer.

Also someone try to write IP to a web browser to see connection, that doesnt work for me too.

Since I found that someone succesfuly connected printer via router (as I used before at work).

It seems to me like printer needs IP like router create, instead of reseted one.

I will try to test it in a few days, because as aslo someone else wrote - to buy this printer was the best spent many 🙂

Driver for HP Laser jet 2100TN

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.