Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro unresponsive after pressing "shift control option power button". What to do?

Hello there!

My Mac Book Pro 15" 2010 was turning off after 5 to 10 seconds of inactivity on the OS X screen or when I started it and the Apple logo appeared for 10 seconds it would also go off. I started googling to find a solution for this problem and I found some Mac users with the same problem and all they did was change the topcase because the power button wasn´t working properly.

I decided to call a technical assistance and they suggested that I called an Apple toll free number first to see if they could solve the problem via phone.

I called Apple and they started the procedures to check the problem. First they told me to hold "shift + control + option + power button" for 7 seconds. After that my computer is not responding at all. The only thing that was on, was the led from the battery charger. They told me to take it to a technical assistance. I asked if Apple would be responsible to bring my computer back to life, since it went dead after that command. They said "yes" and gave me a protocol number.

I took it yesterday to get it fixed and when I got to the store, not even the led from the charger was working anymore. They had no idea of what was going on and they will call me withing the next days.

Has anyone gone through this before? Any ideas of what could have happened to my Mac?

Thanks.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 7, 2014 11:56 AM

There are no replies.

Macbook Pro unresponsive after pressing "shift control option power button". What to do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.