Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

safely quit iMovie (what is iMovie doing!?)

Last weekend I imported quite a lot of old videos, probably about 8-10 hours in total. This went well, all events are available in iMovie (10.0.1). However, when I try to quit iMovie now I get the question "Are you sure you want to quit? Tasks that are currently in progress will not be completed.". I have no idea which task this could be, the 'Activity' button is not available and I can't find any more details about what iMovie is doing. Looking at 'top' output I see that iMovie isn't doing much (3-5% CPU usage at most).

Is there any way to figure out what the tasks in progress are and what would happen if I would quit iMovie? Is there a chance I would lose data?

Posted on Jan 7, 2014 12:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2014 3:07 PM

iMovie 10 will be re-rendering your clips in the background. You can quit safely - iMovie will first report that it is cancelling background tasks. With that much video there will be hours of background activity before it is complete.

Geoff.

1 reply

safely quit iMovie (what is iMovie doing!?)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.