Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sections turned empty, recordings missing, after adding sections - No undo available, can I salvage the situation. All the piano sections recorded prior to the last two have turned empty, any idea why this happens? Using Ipad Air.

This happened to me on garageband for IOs, a moment ago. After recording and adding two sectiosn to the end of the song, all the sections prior

to that appear to be empty of all recordings, and I cannot do any undo or see what I may have done wrong. I seriously just recorded new sections, like I've always done, then switched to the "all sections" view to notice I have empty sections, and the only sections with audio are the one's I just added and recorded. As it was an almost finished piece, that I had worked on quite some time (and not done any duplicates, silly me) I am rather sad if this type of stuff can occur.

Am I doing something wrong, can I salvage the earlier recordings, or do these things just happen now and again?

Has anyone else had sections "emptied" without your knowledge.

Using ipad Air 16gb wifi.

Cheers,

Pete M.

iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 7, 2014 1:24 PM

1 reply

Jan 10, 2014 4:42 PM in response to petem266

I have also suffered with same dilemma. Just yesterday in fact.

I had recorded four tracks of a song without an intro part for two guitars.

After recording the intro for both, I also went back to view the whole lot

to find to my surprise, the main bulk of track 4 guitar had vanished.

Unlike yourself, I did have the option to undo which magically brought the part missing back.

But I then had to redo the intros again.

If I can find any information about this, I'll be sure to post it here.

Hopefully it will shed some light.

BB.

Sections turned empty, recordings missing, after adding sections - No undo available, can I salvage the situation. All the piano sections recorded prior to the last two have turned empty, any idea why this happens? Using Ipad Air.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.