Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 4s permanent locked after updating ios 7.0.4

i have an iphone 4s, which was network unlocked phone, while i updated it on ios 7.0.4, it got permanently locked .

is there any body who can tel me why it happened to me ???

and how can i get it unlock again ????

help me plsssssssssssss

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.4, iphone locked after updating

Posted on Jan 7, 2014 12:57 PM

22 replies

Jan 7, 2014 1:02 PM in response to asad191

If it locked when it was updated, then the iPhone was almost certainly jailbroken to unlock it rather than being officially locked by the carrier. You will need to identify the carrier to whom the iPhone is locked and contact that carrier and ask about unlocking policies. Note that jailbreaks often render an iPhone permanently unable to be officially unlocked.

Regards.

Jan 13, 2014 8:12 AM in response to varjak paw

it wasn't a jailbreak phone, and iphone 4s can not be unlocked through jailbreak method. when i boght that phone it had ios version 6.1.3 and I updated that phone up to ios 7.0.3 accordingly, and i didn't jailbreak that at any update from ios 7.0.1 till ios 7.0.3, as i said in my first post while i was updating to ios 7.0.4, it got locked ...........

i checked the carrier and it is CRICKET .......

is there any one who can tel me (1) why it happened to me and how i can get this unlocked ?????

Message was edited by: asad191

Jan 13, 2014 8:27 AM in response to asad191

iphone 4s can not be unlocked through jailbreak method.

That is incorrect.

Who did you buy the iPhone from? Unless it was an authorized iPhone reseller selling you a brand-new iPhone, , then you can't say with certaintly that it wasn't jailbroken, and again it was quite probably jailbroken by the former owner to unlock it in which case the upgrade has now locked it back to the original carrier.

Regards.

Jan 17, 2014 12:18 PM in response to varjak paw

thanks for your kind reply ...... with due respect my friend, i thnk u didnt read my previous post ... okay im going to repeat it for your kind information that when I bought that phone it had ios 6.1.3, then I updated that on ios 7.0.1 and remember that I didn't unlocked that phone with any method either jailbreak or any other way ....... and then after some days when ios 7.0.2 was released, I updated that phone without any hack or jail break, and repeated the same method with ios 7.0.3 and it was working ..... and the main thing why i m sure because all those steps were done by my own self and I asure you, that phone were not hacked or jailbroken by me at any stage ..... if u say that it was jailbroken or hacked by the former owner, then let me ask you why didn't it get lock after updation of ios 7.0.1, ios 7.0.2 and ios 7.0.3 ????? it seems that there is any other reason behind it ....... and that is the thing what I want to know ......

thanks

Jan 17, 2014 1:08 PM in response to asad191

Yes, I did read your previous post, though your rather fractured spelling and punctuation is difficult to follow and you're not really providing full information on which we can base suggestions, so we're having to guess.

What exactly is the error message you're getting? Does it say "Invalid" or "unsupported SIM"? Or "No SIM"? Or what, exactly?

Jan 18, 2014 1:36 AM in response to varjak paw

oh! previously it was in bits and peices, now i am going to tel you the whole story from beggining

===> it had ios 6.1.3, when i bought it.

===> then I updated it on ios 7.0.1 (my sim was working properly without any hack or jail break)

===> I updated again on ios 7.0.2 (and again i didn't jail break that but my sim was working properly)

===> once again it got updated on ios 7.0.3 (this time again i didn't jail break or used any other hacking method but my sim was working )

but when i updated on ios 7.0.4, and i was activating it, I inserted the sim and an error appeared that "INVALID SIM"

and one thing i forgot to tel you that before buying i checked the status it was unlockecd but now i checked its showing locked ....... on CRICKET ... how to unclock it can u tel me and why it got locked ????

Jan 21, 2014 8:12 AM in response to asad191

If it's locked to Cricket, only Cricket can unlock it. Why it showed as unlocked before but is locked now I can't say. I still suspect a hack by the previous owner though it's unusual for a hack to survive upgrading iOS. It's possible that the previous owner went through a third-party unlock service that without authorization managed to enter the phone into Cricket's unlock database - some services pay an employee within the carrier to do that in violation of the carrier's unlocking polices - and that Cricket has caught up with that unauthorized unlock and relocked the phone.

Unless someone else here has another suggestion, you'll probably need to contact Cricket and ask about their unlocking policies.

Regards.

Jan 22, 2014 11:20 PM in response to varjak paw

I get a response when activated after the firmware upgrade.

SIM Not Valid

'The SIM card that you currently have installed in this iPhone is from a carrier that is not supported under the activation policy that is currently assigned by the activation server. This is not a hardware issue with the iPhone. Please insert another SIM card from a supported carrier or request that this iPhone be unlocked by your carrier. Please contact Apple for more information.

Jan 23, 2014 12:35 AM in response to tronuka

What do you mean "Why support silent"? It is silent because it is not support - this is a public user to user technical support forum if you had not already noted.

If you want help from Apple support then contact them directly.

And if you get a message that comes up with SIM not valid, then it means that you phone is locked and you need to contact the carrier to which your phone is locked and request that they unlock it.

Nothing more to do, but contact both Apple support directly and your phone company/carrier.

Mar 10, 2014 4:00 PM in response to asad191

Hi asad,

I am going through the same problem, did u get resolved with your issue?

I am planning to downgrade to ios6 now? will that resolve the locking issue.

my iphone problem is exactly the same as yours.

So please let me know of you resolved your issues and pass me on the steps i need to follow.

I will really appreaciate your help.

iphone 4s permanent locked after updating ios 7.0.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.