Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Touch 5 randomly froze, How to fix?

So last night I was using my iPod Touch for iMessage, Kik and a couple of other apps when randomly the screen turned grey for about 10 seconds and then it went black. I assumed it had turned off however the power button nor the home button did anything. The iPod was compltely unresponsive. I went to bed and when i woke up, a good 7 hours afterwards the ipod was showing the 'out of battery' symbol, so I plugged it in and went to school. Returning from school, I pressed the home button and the lockscreen showed, however seconds after it froze and went black again. It has now been six hours since this and the ipod is still unresponsive. I have also tried rebooting it by holding the power and the home button, however nothing happens.

When I plug it into iTunes it doesnt even recognise that there is anything plugged into my laptop 😟

It is not jailbroken and only 2 months old, please help!

iPod touch, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 7, 2014 1:25 PM

1 reply

Jan 7, 2014 1:38 PM in response to JoeeMatthews

Try:

- iOS: Not responding or does not turn on

- Also try DFU mode after try recovery mode

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

- If not successful and you can't fully turn the iOS device fully off, let the battery fully drain. After charging for an least an hour try the above again.

- Try another cable

- Try on another computer

- If still not successful that usually indicates a hardware problem and an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is in order.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

If defective and not abused Apple will exchange it at no cost.

iPod Touch 5 randomly froze, How to fix?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.