Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie 10.0.1 Crashes During Startup

I discovered that iMovie had an update to 10.0.1 which I installed through Apple's Software Update. I had iMovie 10 installed previousy.

When the update completed, i launched iMovie, which froze after bouncing in my Dock for about 15 seconds.

I rebooted the Mac and tried again. Same result.

How can I get te software to open? Are there corrupt preferences I should throw away, or what should I try to get it to work?

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2008), OS X Mavericks (10.9), 4 Gb of RAM

Posted on Jan 7, 2014 1:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2014 3:30 AM

You could first try trashing <user name>/Library/com.apple,iMovieAPP........ preference file, rebooting computer, and relaunching iMovie. (You have to make the Library file visible first).

However, if iMovie was working OK before the upgrade, the upgrade may not be complete and your best bet would be to reinstal iMovie from the App store (which should be version 10.0.1 by now). See the followiing link on how to reinstall apps:

http://macs.about.com/od/usingyourmac/qt/How-To-Re-Download-Apps-From-The-Mac-Ap p-Store.htm

Geoff.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 8, 2014 3:30 AM in response to David Biddix

You could first try trashing <user name>/Library/com.apple,iMovieAPP........ preference file, rebooting computer, and relaunching iMovie. (You have to make the Library file visible first).

However, if iMovie was working OK before the upgrade, the upgrade may not be complete and your best bet would be to reinstal iMovie from the App store (which should be version 10.0.1 by now). See the followiing link on how to reinstall apps:

http://macs.about.com/od/usingyourmac/qt/How-To-Re-Download-Apps-From-The-Mac-Ap p-Store.htm

Geoff.

iMovie 10.0.1 Crashes During Startup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.