Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I limit the number of e-mails my i-phone downloads? iOs 7 is clogging up my phone with old e-mails!

Since "up-grading" to iOs 7, my iphone is now filling itself up with old e-mails from my server and it does not stop until the memory is full preventing me doing enything else, like taking photos etc. No sooner do I delete these emails than it downloads more! Help me before I throw this out of the window of a very tal building - thanks Apple for rendering your device all but useless!!

iPhone 4, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 7, 2014 2:31 PM

7 replies

Jan 13, 2014 10:24 AM in response to Plutomk1

Apple are taking the Mick here! I've now spent a week marking all 20k+ emails on my server as read but my phone is not paying any attention to this and insists on filling up all available memory with e-mails from ages ago and there appears to be nothing I can do to stop it! As soon as I delete them, it simply downloads more, older ones. It's cost me a huge amount of time and not an insignificant amount money in mobile data!! Either I'm not the only one with this problem or there must be a solution, someone please help....!

Feb 26, 2014 11:40 PM in response to Plutomk1

Agreed

Just been forced - through the incompetence of the iOS SSL security flaw - to move to iOS 7:

- uncontrollable number of emails in my InBox (I'll decide how I manage my emails thank you)

- cheap colours

- inability to scale photos as wallpaper for my lock screen (try it...)

Any fixes gratefully received

I've had a 3G, 3GS, 4 and 5 - but if this new attitude persists I'm off to Samsung and the Knox which might actually provide security and customer response. What happened to the old Apple culture of quality and user-centric design...?

Jan 7, 2016 9:47 AM in response to Plutomk1

I had the same problem, installed outlook and put POP ( I did not want IMAP) and each time I have marked "all read" another 2000 old emails downloaded. When I had considerable amount of emails, I have pressed "delete all" and IPhone response was that you cannot delete some emails. All previously downloaded emails remained in the inbox, but after this action only fresh emails started to come in and old one do not seem to download, at least for now. The deleted box setting is not to delete for one month. I am not sure whether the deleted box got full and this triggered something, but worked for me!

Iphone 6 IOS 9.02

Can I limit the number of e-mails my i-phone downloads? iOs 7 is clogging up my phone with old e-mails!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.