Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I've enabled restrictions on iBooks but some sexually explicit books still coming up as being available so restrictions need to be tightened up, also I think restricted books should simply be "blocked" I don't even want to see titles of blocked books

Maybe I'm missing something, but I've been playing around with the iBooks app as my kids want books downloaded for them to read.

I've enabled restrictions within iBooks on my iPad as I don't want kids to access any inappropriate material. However there are still books showing up as accessible which have inappropriate content and some books are also showing graphics on the front covers which are most definitely not appropriate for children. I feel that there needs to be much stricter settings on restrictions or various levels of restrictions.

Personally, if I have selected that I don't want to access that kind of material I don't even want to see the title of the book to even know it exists. Let's face it, some titles themselves are very explicit.

Until iBooks can tighten up these issues I do not feel that it is an appropriate app for children to have access to.

iPad, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 7, 2014 3:13 PM

There are no replies.

I've enabled restrictions on iBooks but some sexually explicit books still coming up as being available so restrictions need to be tightened up, also I think restricted books should simply be "blocked" I don't even want to see titles of blocked books

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.