Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won't my old I-Pad change my user name? I have changed it with the Apple ID months ago and I can't get updates on anything now!

What do I do to have to make my older I-pad work with my Apple ID? I changed to a different email months ago yet it still shows my old email address when trying to do anything through the App Store such as updates for my apps! It won't accept my Apple ID password because of it. I've changed it 6 times now since Christmas to try to get it to work. The password and ID work on the ITunes Store and on my Iphone! Can someone please help? The Genius at the store couldn't.

iPad

Posted on Jan 7, 2014 4:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2014 4:43 PM

I have to ask....did the Genius at the store tell you to go to Settings>ITunes and App Store>Tap your old Apple ID and sign out and then sign in with the new ID?

If the old iPad is running iOS 5, it is Settings>Store>Tap your old ID.

7 replies

Jan 7, 2014 5:25 PM in response to jensatogreen

You can't delete an Apple ID. I must be missing something here. You said that the ID works on the phone and in iTunes (on your computer I assume) so the ID should work on the iPad.

Is it the password for the new ID that will not work on the iPad or are you trying to use the password for the old ID. I admit that I am getting confused now.

Jan 7, 2014 5:36 PM in response to Demo

Sorry, it took me a while to try and figure out how to reply to you!

So, my understanding is that I need to use the old Apple ID and password to try and update those old apps. Which I don't have since the password for the old email address was changed months ago.

So, my only recourse now is to delete the old apps and reinstall new ones?

Why won't my old I-Pad change my user name? I have changed it with the Apple ID months ago and I can't get updates on anything now!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.