Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I transfer pics from my iphone 4 to desk computer?

How do I transfer pics from iPhone 4 to desk computer?

iPhone 4, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 7, 2014 4:46 PM

4 replies

Jan 7, 2014 4:49 PM in response to DiisneDarln

You can import pictures from your iOS device using iPhoto (if installed):

1. Connect the device to your computer. iPhoto should automatically launch into its import window with your device's images and videos listed.
    Note: If iPhoto does not automatically open, you may wish to enable the behavior.
    User uploaded file
  2. Click Import All. If you want only some of your images imported, select the images and videos you would like to import into iPhoto, then click the Import Selected button.
  3. When the photos finish importing, you will be presented with a dialog asking whether you'd like to delete the original photos from your Camera Roll. Click Delete Photos.
    Note: Deleting photos after importing helps to reduce Camera Roll size, and it improves backup and restore times. You may choose Keep Photos if you wish to import the photos to additional computers.

If you do not have iPhoto installed on your computer, you can import pictures from the device using Image Capture:

1. Connect the iOS device to the computer.
  2. If Image Capture does not open automatically, you can navigate to your Applications folder and open Image Capture from there.
  3. Choose the location to which you'd like to import pictures.
  4. Click Options.
  5. Click the Options tab if it isn't already selected.
  6. Enable the option "Delete items from camera after downloading".
    Note: Deleting photos after importing helps to reduce Camera Roll size, and it improves backup and restore times. You may choose Keep Photos if you wish to import the photos to additional computers.
  7. Click OK.
  8. Click Download All.

If you have Aperture, you can use it to import your photos. See the Aperture User Guide for more information.

Aug 11, 2014 12:32 AM in response to DiisneDarln

Have you tried to use iCloud to transfer photos from iPhone to computer?

1. Set up iCloud both on iPhone and computer.

2. Start the Synchronize feature of the iCloud in the iPhone options.

3. Sign in the iCloud with the Apple ID on the PC, and you can to control your iPhone data files at this point.

4. Pick the photos in your iPhone and sync them in your Computer's iCloud, if you like to put them in selected folders, you’re able to down load the pics to your local folder.

This is my successful experience, hope it help you too!

Or you can read the tips given by Apple:

iOS: Import personal photos and videos from iOS devices to your computer

Aug 18, 2014 1:03 AM in response to joefey

joefey wrote:

Have you tried to use iCloud to transfer photos from iPhone to computer?

1. Set up iCloud both on iPhone and computer.

2. Start the Synchronize feature of the iCloud in the iPhone options.

3. Sign in the iCloud with the Apple ID on the PC, and you can to control your iPhone data files at this point.

4. Pick the photos in your iPhone and sync them in your Computer's iCloud, if you like to put them in selected folders, you’re able to down load the pics to your local folder.

This is my successful experience, hope it help you too!

Or you can read the tips given by Apple:

iOS: Import personal photos and videos from iOS devices to your computer

Yes, the method above sound great. However I have a problem that where my pics stored on iCloud? Can you provide more details about how to sync pics from iCloud? Forgive me, and I am a newbie for iPhone.....iOS is actually closed....

How do I transfer pics from my iphone 4 to desk computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.