Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Xsan Problem with open directory replica

Hi

I am trying setup a Open directory replica with XSAN 2.3.2 in a lion servers 10.7.5 but i can't, well the procedure that i made is the next:

1. Install a clean copy of Mac Os Server lion 10.7.5 in the secondary MDC, i setting the network Eth1:192.168.0.101 mask 255.255.255.0 without router and DNS and the Eth2: off, I set the hostname for local network Computer name: SERVER2 Hostname: server2.local, and select the option for Secondary MDC.
  2. Install a clean copy of MAC OS SERVER LION 10.7.5 in the Primary MDC, i setting the network Eth1:192.168.0.100 mask 255.255.255.0 without router and DNS and the Eth2: off, i set the hostname for local network Cumputer name: SERVER1 Hostname: server1.local, and select the option for Xsan Primary MDC, and the option manage user and groups with Xsan Admin, well the installer app creates a Open directory master in this server.
  3. I open the XsanAdmin in the primary MDC, and I create a new SAN, named: LOCAL SAN, I type the admin user for authenticate the controllers, I follow selecting configure automatic metadata network and this asigns the 10.0.10.0/24, well the xsanadmin set the secondary controller has a open directory replica, then I go to the computers pane in the xsan admin, and the SERVER2 appears warning "Not an open directory replica", well I try to use the option make an open directory replica, and this process is done good, both controllers show ready, but in a few seconds the warning appears again.

I tried setup the opendirectory replica using the server admin but this failed.

Mac Pro Server (Mid 2010), Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jan 7, 2014 5:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2014 7:20 PM

Hi, i solved my problem, i just to need setup a correct dns service, thanks

1 reply

Xsan Problem with open directory replica

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.