Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

voice memo whatsapp

hi i recently bought iphone 5s the most spectacular phone in the market. really loving it.

i recently used voice memo app to record my daughters funny story telling sessions. i would like to share these with

my friends through whatsapp but i did not find a way to do it.

can you please guide me here? i can only see mail and twitter apps in share.

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 7, 2014 6:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2014 4:06 PM

Its not very straight forward, but it can be done.

Send the Voice Memo file as an email to an email account you have setup on your phone.

When you get the Email with the file if you hold down on the file icon for it you should get a few options one of them being "Open In Whatsapp". Tap on it, and then it will prompt you to choose a contact to send it to.

Once you tap on the contact it will ask you if you want to send the file. just tap yes and it should send.

Unfortunately there's no direct way of getting it out from the memos App to Whatsapp, but it can be done from the Email App.

EDIT: Just realized this is a 2 month old post, but I'll leave the answer for future reference.

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 25, 2014 4:06 PM in response to vikramkarandikar

Its not very straight forward, but it can be done.

Send the Voice Memo file as an email to an email account you have setup on your phone.

When you get the Email with the file if you hold down on the file icon for it you should get a few options one of them being "Open In Whatsapp". Tap on it, and then it will prompt you to choose a contact to send it to.

Once you tap on the contact it will ask you if you want to send the file. just tap yes and it should send.

Unfortunately there's no direct way of getting it out from the memos App to Whatsapp, but it can be done from the Email App.

EDIT: Just realized this is a 2 month old post, but I'll leave the answer for future reference.

Feb 20, 2015 7:09 AM in response to Adham Motagaly

It more to do with email file size limits than anything else. A 1 and a half hour voice memo would be quite a large file. Your other option would be to upload it to a cloud service, like say DropBox.

If you tap on the More icon, you should get some other options to export it to.

Is it necessary to send it over Whatsapp? Because after exporting Whatsapp is not going to be an option any more.

voice memo whatsapp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.