Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Awful iPhone situation. NEED HELP!

So I probably have one of the worst iPhone situations ever right now. I woke up this morning, turned my iPhone on, and for some reason it froze during the boot and has been stuck on the apple logo all day. When I got home from school, I plugged it into my computer and was just going to restore it off of an old back up. Turns out, itunes won't recognize my iPhone. It doesn't show up when I plug it in. So, I did some digging online and found out that you can get itunes to recognize your device if you put it into DFU mode. Thing is, my power button is broken, and it has been over a year since I bought my device, so I can't put it into DFU mode! I downloaded some programs that will allow me to put my phone into DFU mode without having a power button, but they all require my computer to recognize my phone when I plug it in. Can someone please tell me what to do I've spent hours trying to get this to work and so far nothing has.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 7, 2014 6:47 PM

8 replies

Jan 8, 2014 2:33 PM in response to ed.ecproductions

No. The problem is your phone is physically broken. The power button doesn't work. Since the powere button won't work, there is no way to get it into Recovery mode or DFU mode so that you can forcibly restore it.

You need to make an appointment at the genius bar and get your phone serviced. With a broken power button, you were living on borrowed time. you're time has now run out.

Awful iPhone situation. NEED HELP!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.