Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Profile manager Cannot enroll devices no more after server app update 3.0.2

Cannot enroll IOS or OSX devices anymore after server app update 3.0.2, when i clicked enroll, iget as follow

The requested URL /fcgi-bin/php-fpm/devicemanagement/mdm/mdm_enroll was not found on this server.

Apache/2.2.24 (Unix) DAV/2 mod_fastcgi/2.4.6 mod_ssl/2.2.24 OpenSSL/0.9.8y Server at server.example.com Port 443when trying to enroll devices

Any idea what is going on?

Thanks in advanced

Posted on Jan 7, 2014 9:16 PM

16 replies

Jan 9, 2014 11:10 AM in response to Hector Castillo

I've fixed this on my server.

1. Make sure you have a working backup (just in case)
  2. Go to your Network Settings and make a note of your DNS Server
  3. Move the Server Application to Trash
  4. Empty Trash
  5. Go to your Network Settings and make sure you have a valid DNS Server (mine was set to use itself for DNS so I had to change it to Comcast's DNS Server)
  6. Open the App Store and install the Server Application from your purchases
  7. Open the Server Application, once it finished updating things, you will need start DNS
  8. Go back to your Network Settings and change your DNS Server back to your server (or what ever it was before)
  9. Go back to the Server Application and renable all your services (You may have to enable Push Notifications also)

I hope that helps some of you.

Jan 9, 2014 12:51 PM in response to Hector Castillo

I just had to start them again. Deleting the Server Application doesn't delete any of the services data.

The only issue I had was the calendar wasn't working after installing the Settings for Everyone profile. I found that it wasn't set to use SSL. So I turned off Calendar and Contacts Services (since they are the same backgroud service) went into Certificates and set the Calendar and Contacts to None, clicked Okay, and then set the Calendar and Contacts certificate back to my certifcate and restarted the services. After that I removed the Settings for Everyone profile and added it back to the Mac and everything is working now.

Jan 9, 2014 11:25 PM in response to Hector Castillo

HI Hines,

I had the same problems after the 3.0.2 update: enrolling of devices not working, unable to push configurations from Profile Manager, etc.

The update was a simple 3.0.1 => 3.0.2 on already updated OSX Mavericks to 10.9.1 and it seemed that all was ok, not like this situation: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5486733?answerId=24450438022#24450438022

Services used:

-Web

-Profile Manager with 20 iPads/iPhones already enrolled and with some in-house app pushed

I followed a solution similar to what suggested from Hines, apart from point #6. I was unable to re-download Server.app from App Store, greyed-out button.

So I was very happy to have another mac to download a fresh copy of Server.app.

Then:

-Deleted and thrashed the old version

-Message "all services stopped"

-Reboot

-Copied fresh "Server.app" to /Applications

-Started "Server.app" that made some initial auto configuration

-Services restarted

I just had to restart the postgres service and seems that I didn't lost any data/config (I hope, I'm already checking!)

=begin RANT

I know that Apple is essentially an hardware manufacter manly for consumer target now but that a simple minor update broke an entire software meant to be solid, like a server must be, is just plain unacceptable.

I know that OSX Server is very cheap and we can't pretend too much....but F**K...i loosed my sleep tonight!

=end RANT

Profile manager Cannot enroll devices no more after server app update 3.0.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.