Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Selected music/playlists won't sync onto iPhone 4, causes "canceling sync".

So I just updated my iOS to 7.0.4, my iTunes to 11.1.3, and I did a factory restore, then put all my backed up data back onto my iPhone 4 (almost 2 years old). My music has always given me a bit of a hard time, but it wa smainly because I dislike using iCloud and sharing options. I just want to put the songs from 1 playlist onto my phone, that's it. So I disabled iCloud options and sharing options, went to sync my phone, and now none of my music is being put onto my phone. My iPhone is only 8GB, so it's very limited. But I have over 2.5 GB of space when no music is put on, and my one playlist is only 1.98 GB of songs. Everything else syncs fine on my phone, apps, ringtones, account info. It's JUST the music. It'll sync about 7-8 songs, then stay in "Canceling sync" mode until I get out of it (usually by quiting or applying the "unslected" sync music option). I use my iPhoen for calling, texting, email, instagram, and music. It's a BIG thing that I can't use it for music atm. I need help. I have checked every other forum about this, every option given has not helped me. I have reset, restarted, restored, deleted, resynced, and tried practically everything! I need help to fix this. I'm not sure if it's an iOS 7 problem, iTunes 11.1.3, the music app, the songs themselves. But I'd appreciate anyone helping me to narrow it down. I know enough to get by technology wise, but I'm very basic and need thinsg explained in details. Like don't just say "Reroute x to y, and you'll be fine". Give me steps to follow, I will try them and give feedback on whether or not they worked. As well, here are screenshots of the songs as they're attempting to sync, so you can see the problems. User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

iPhone 4 (8GB), iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 7, 2014 10:29 PM

There are no replies.

Selected music/playlists won't sync onto iPhone 4, causes "canceling sync".

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.