Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

External Harddrives and thumb drive suddenly not showing up

I have two WD My Passport Drives and thumb drive which all worked fine when connected to either usb on my Macbook Pro Retina, Mid 2012. Now all of a sudden none of them are showing up in Finder. Yes I have looked in Preferences and External Harddrives is checked.

The external harddrive is spinning and the light on it is lighting up. When I see in Disk Utitility I can see the external harddrive, but the actual "disk1s10" is greyed out, and I can't force mount it. When trying to Verify the external harddrive I get Verify volume failed: invalid request.

When I connected an external keyboard, that works fine so I guess the problem is when mounting the drives.

I've only done one major system change since I last used any of the drives, and that was creating another User. I don't see how that could affect anything but I have deleted that again.

Any tips?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1), Retina, Mid 2012

Posted on Jan 7, 2014 11:17 PM

There are no replies.

External Harddrives and thumb drive suddenly not showing up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.